January 22, 2013 § 2 Comments
Saturday night I hung out with minors. Ok not exactly minors but people younger than me, so basically babies. At one point in the night, one of these youths pretended that he didn’t know the words to the Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air theme song. Which made me feel old and like I wanted to punch him back into his mother’s vagina.
I calmed down once I remembered that age, aging and dying are all just very abstract concepts modern science is still struggling to prove even exist.* And I also remembered alcohol exists. But this whole ordeal did get me thinking about generations and the affect they have on our personalities.
A Confusing Stream of Thoughts I Have Because I’m A Product of Generation Y:
- I like my software programs, music and movies like I like my drinks – free
- We’re obsessed with taking indie to a whole new level
- I’m part of a generation who grew up constantly being told that we are special. Why? Because we are. Next topic
- Originality never existed. That being said, we are all super original (and special)
- We all have a healthy dose of narcissism that we label as “introspection” – Example: Why do I have a blog?
- If I’m not constantly entertained I feel as if I’m going to pass out and die. My biggest fear in life is boredom
- You can never be too caffeinated and energy drinks are part of a balanced diet
- If you don’t have Facebook, either you don’t exist or you are the most interesting person I’ve ever met
- What do you mean this isn’t proper business attire? This is my nice hoodie
- Everything you just said in that meeting, could have been an email
- I promise you this – I will never answer my phone when you call or listen to your voicemail. Text only
- I would like to lodge a formal complaint with Forever 21, I am starting to find their name to be discriminating and offensive
- It is really hard for us to make progress when people keep threatening that the world is ending and using phrases like YOLO
In conclusion, Generation Y is an entire generation made up of people who exhibit symptoms of middle child syndrome. Which means statistically we are the most likely to commit suicide and/or make it big time. I suggest you pick which direction interests you most.
Personally, I’ve decided I’m just going to live for a living and then eventually win something.
I would go on but my time is valuable.
If You’re Younger Than Me – I Love You, But Fuck You:
*I made that up.