January 15, 2013 § 5 Comments
I was struggling to find a topic to write about today so I decided to take a peek at my old journals to see if there was anything worthy of inspiring a post.
Once I started reading I realized what a whiny little bitch I am. Page after page rambling on and on about super depressing shit. Each page so cringe worthy I found myself barely skimming while holding the journals at a full arms distance.
Instead of keeping the embarrassment all to myself. I thought I’d share it with you on what is now basically a public form of an embarrassing journal, my blog. So here you go, a few little tidbits from the pages of my former self (sophomore year of college former self to be more specific).
Although they are taken completely out of context, I decided not to change a word so that I could keep them authentic.
Not So Deep Thoughts via Jamie’s Journals
December 30th 2002
- “I think most, if not all, relationships harbor some element of addiction. I’ve never seen a relationship that allows for people to truly express themselves without reservation. I think maybe the most unhealthy thing we can do is absorb ourselves into someone else and hope that it will complete us. That is just setting yourself up for failure. Oh and I bought a hamster today. Named him Farley, I LOVE him!”
January 1, 2003
- “My New Year’s Resolution is to be more positive.”
January 7, 2003
- “Went on a date last night and it fucking sucked. Also, I think I’m getting fat.”
February 20th 2003
- “I don’t like him anymore but we did spend the whole night cock blocking each other. God, he’s annoying.”
February 24th 2003
- “I’m backing off and letting him make the move if he wants to, which he’s not doing and that’s really pissing me off.”
March 1st 2003
- “I think I made things weird when I made out with his roommate. And I also, think his roommate might be gay.”
March 7th 2003
- “It turns out he’s surprising good at hooking up. I’m still on the fence about him being gay though. I guess I should start writing that stupid philosophy paper now…”
Am I Confusing You?